QR Code Payment – The fastest way to get paid
The world is going through a massive digital revolution. You can now do a lot of things with just your smartphone. For example, you can order for food or even make transfers from your smartphone. And now, Homerun is introducing its new QR payment feature that allows your clients to pay for your service conveniently.
What is QR Code
QR code (“quick response code”) is more or less the evolution of the old barcode, although in this case, it has three squares in the corners that allow the reader to detect the position of the code.
The QR code is a module for storing information in a dot matrix or a two-dimensional barcode. It allows a user to read additional information such as invoices when scanned. The QR code payment goal is to streamline payments for your clients while minimizing the use of cash (as always).
How can QR code help you?
As a home service worker, one of the problems you encounter is how to collect payment from clients after your service. If you receive a check, you still have to go through the stress of going to the bank to deposit the check. And if you decide to go more digital and you offer to receive payment via Venmo, more problems arise. Chances are many of your clients don’t use Venmo, so they would need to download the app and create an account first, which can be a nuisance to your clients. You won’t be able to keep track of the payments because there is no electronic receipt for these methods.
While Homerun makes it easy for you to receive payments by sending invoices on service orders to your clients, there may be times when you want a simpler way for your clients to pay you without an invoice. Now, with the new QR code feature, you can receive payments instantly without invoices. It is another way for us to help service professionals.
With our QR code payment feature, your clients will be able to pay for your service fast and with great ease.
How does it work?
It is simple! Here is how it works:
- Your unique QR code is displayed on your Homerun website’s home page and your service page.
- You present your QR code to your client before/after you have rendered your service.
- The client scans the QR code with his/her phone’s camera, and he/she is directed to a secure payment page where he/she selects his/her payment method, enters the payment details, and approves the service charge.
- The charge is then deducted from the client’s account and deposited in your account immediately.
- The payment receipt is automatically saved in your account.
- That’s it!
Note: You can download your QR code to your phone and show the code to your client without opening your Homerun web page.
What are the benefits?
As a new payment feature to make it easy for you to get paid fast, QR code has advantages over other payment methods:
- Greater security and comfort: You can receive payments for your service without the need to exchange cash. All payment methods are secured and PCI compliant.
- Easy to use: It makes payment easy for both parties. Clients only need their Smartphones to pay you. Scan, confirm, and you’re done. Your client doesn’t need to download any app. Your client doesn’t need to carry cash around or download virtual wallet apps and create new accounts (e.g. Venmo) just to pay for your service. With QR code payment, you don’t need to create an order or send invoices.
- Credit history: With the QR payment feature, your receipts are automatically created for you.
By accepting QR code transactions, you offer additional service to your customers. Lots of them want a payment method that won’t give them any stress or require them to create new accounts. When you provide an easy payment method for your client, you make them happy, and they pay for your service without delays.